Dear You

Dear You,

You no longer hold a grip on me. I can finally say that I am now emotionally and mentally strong enough to make the conscientious effort to forget you... You are the sand of time that slipped out of existence. And it's not going to be easy, I was desperately defined by you, eager to be something you could want, crave, desire, but this stemmed from my want, crave and desire for you.


Dear You, you are no longer my muse. Years of affection towards you definitely taught me how to challenge my thinking as a writer, but now I challenge my thinking another way, a form of thought that doesn't include you. Because although you are a large part of my adolescent years, you hold no value to my future. These were thoughts of a distressed virgin in captivity, but I refuse to be a singing caged bird. I've freed myself and I'm seeking to find myself. I'll love myself more than any man ever can, and that is what will make me stronger. I won't be the Sappho to your fuck-boyness. I'll be the Muse of Dali, and I will imprint myself thoughout time and space so that I can radiate. I will reflect myself through everything that I do. I will reflect the wonders of a woman, and the mysteries of them too.


Dear You, I cannot believe that I was willing to lower my worth in order to give reason for settling for less. I am better than you, I am too good for you, but even truth seems to be hard for you to believe in. And so I write this letter, one you probably won't ever see, but if you ever do, and if it not abundantly clear, you now mean nothing to me. You'll know who you are, because I built the foundation and walls for your egotistical pyramid. Don't come crawling to me to build up your ego because these twenty-first century women are smart enough to not feed your hunger. Don't come to me because I'll be ready to break down the legacy I have lead you to believe is true. You may have a righteous name, but my name means kingdom, and I have exiled you from this world, because I've created one without you in it.

Sincerely,
Me

No comments