Féministe Ou La Fermer

I used to look at feminists and think, "Wow, what a cute and trendy thing to be. I want to be one too." And I would look at the books they read and be like, "Yeah, I'm not cut out to be a feminist, all this reading is not for me." When I took classes at Columbia University in high school, I would hear women talking about their women's studies class and how empowered they felt, this that and the third. 

Now that I realize the position I hold in society as a woman of color I combat these stereotypes day by day. With everyday that passes I realize that I am a feminist and it has nothing to do with being trendy, being a woman at Columbia or reading feminist books. It's about standing up for women's right altogether and supporting women all over. 

It's not about not shaving, not wearing tampons/pads, hating the male population, and shaming other women that are not feminists. It's about regaining the control that every human has to their right to life, to emphasize that we all matter. #equalityforall 👏🏽🌸


No comments